2020/2021 SANDWICH ADMISSIONS
ADMISSION OF CANDIDATES TO CERTIFICATE IN EARLY CHILDHOOD, DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION AND 2YR. POST DIPLOMA (B. ED) IN EARLY GRADE, UPPER GRADE AND JHS SPECIALISM PROGRAMMES
The University for Development Studies (UDS) in collaboration with Dambai College of Education is organizing sandwich programs in the above programmes.
Application forms for admission to the Certificate, Diploma and Degree programmes by SANDWICH in the DAMBAI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION CENTRE are available online at www.uds.edu.gh from Monday, January 20, 2020 for interested applicants.
- 2-Year B.Ed. Early Grade Specialism
- 2-Year B.Ed. Upper Grade Specialism
- 2-Year B.Ed. Junior High School Specialism
- 3-Year Diploma in Education
- Certificate Course in Early Childhood
I. CERTIFICATE COURSE IN EARLY CHILDHOOD
Applicants with practical teaching experience in kindergarten and Nursery are particularly encouraged to apply.
- MSLC ‘O’ Level and SHS graduates.
- Matured candidates: 25years and above.
There will be 2 weeks access course followed by entrance exams for matured candidates.
II. 3-YEAR DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION
- For entry into the Diploma in Education, applicant must have three (3) Credit Passes in the area of specialization (elective subjects) and passes (D7 or better) in English Language and Mathematics in WASSCE, and those with 3-Yr. Post-Sec. Teachers’ Certificate ‘A’ can also apply
III. 2-YEAR B.ED. (EARLY GRADE, UPPER GRADE, JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL SPECIALISMS)
- For entry into the Post-Diploma Degree or (2 Yr. B. Ed) Top-Up Programmes in Early Grade Specialism, Upper Grade Specialism and Junior High School Specialism, the applicant must hold a Diploma in Education, Basic Education or Early Childhood Education.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMMES
- 2-Year B.Ed. programmes (2 Sandwich Sessions)
- 3-Year Diploma in Education (3 Sandwich sessions)
- Certificate Course in Early Childhood (3 Sandwich Sessions)
NOTE: A sandwich session is eight (8) weeks. From July to September each
- 2-Year B. Ed is GH₵1,990.00 (Feeding and accommodation inclusive)
- 3-Year Diploma in Education is GH₵1,940.00 (Feeding and accommodation inclusive)
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR DOMESTIC (GHANAIAN) APPLICANTS
All applicants for the 2020/ 2021 Academic Year Sandwich admissions are required to use the UDS online application portal. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
i. Make a payment of GH¢ 180.00 (One Hundred and Eighty Ghana Cedis) for the UDS E-Voucher at any GCB Bank, Prudential Bank, Zenith Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Stanbic Bank National Investment Bank (NIB) and Ecobank branches throughout the country.
ii. The E-Voucher contains the PIN, and Serial Number required for the completion of the online form.
iii. Access the online form by visiting our online admissions portal at uds.edu.gh soon after payment.
iv. In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their most recent passport size photographs with white background and relevant certificates. Applicants who use objects instead of their own photographs would be disqualified.
v. A completed form will not be considered for admission unless it is SUBMITTED after accepting our data confirmation policy
vi. Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications. A form, once submitted, can only be viewed, but cannot be edited.
vii. Candidates are strongly advised to visit any EMS Office in the Country for assistance towards the return of the application documents (see viii). Applicants are advised not to post the forms themselves. They should seek the advice and services of Ghana Post EMS.
viii. Applicants must print out application summary; attach results slips, certificates and all other relevant documents. These documents should be submitted in triplicates (three copies each) to the Deputy Registrar (Academic Affairs Section).
ix. The application documents as specified in (vii) above should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar ( Academic & Student Affairs)
P. O. BOX TL 1350
Also, post one package of the application document marked SANDWICH ADMISSION to
THE ACTING COLLEGE SECRETARY
DAMBAI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 84
DAMBAI- OTI REGION
For further Enquiries call the following phone numbers.
- 0243 638 841
- 0246 647 463
- 0242 080 370
CLOSING DATE: 12TH JULY, 2020.